To check our current bed availability please visit our bed availability page.
Emergency adult referrals
To make a referral to one of our adult PICU or Acute services please call our Referral Line on 0808 164 4450.
The Referral Line operates seven days a week at the following times:
- Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am-5pm
Should a call be received out of Referral Line hours, it will be diverted to the service of your choice. We aim to respond to all Acute and PICU referrals within one hour of receipt of adequate clinical information.
Information that will be required to make a referral includes:
- Copies of section papers (if applicable)
- Clinical history and relevant medical history
- Current medication/charts
- Current presentation (including recent daily clinical notes)
- CPA reports (if available)
- Current risk assessment
- Confirmation of funding from CCG/Trust
If you would like a call back regarding a referral or have any questions about making a referral please use the form below.
- We aim to assess all referrals within five working days, unless a more urgent assessment is required (please notify us if this is the case).
- We aim to assess Prison Transfers within 48 hours.
- We will provide verbal feedback within 24 hours of any assessment.
- We will provide a full written report within five working days of the assessment.
To make a referral please contact the relevant unit and speak to the referral co-ordinator who will take you through the information required pre-assessment.