The hospital provides two distinct service lines, acute and rehabilitation services and benefits from care pathways through the services. This means that a patient can move through an acute setting into a rehabilitation ward, but also if a patient currently residing at the hospital requires an enhanced level of support, a move to an acute service is also possible.
“I strongly believe Dad is receiving the best care possible for him. We receive thorough feedback and the staff at our six monthly meetings are well informed.”Family member
Patients referred to Cygnet Hospital Taunton can include people detained under the Mental Health Act or DoLS.
Our team includes nurses of differing experience to enable us to provide such a specialist service. The hospital has the benefit of an onsite multi-disciplinary team including consultant psychiatrists, specialty doctors, psychologists, an occupational therapist, social workers and physiotherapists. This is supplemented by sessional therapists.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton can provide support and rehabilitation for individuals with, amongst others:
- Bipolar Disorder
We can also support individuals with long-term health needs including:
- Urological Problems
Service users at Cygnet Hospital Taunton can be supported with PEG feeding and pain management. There is no lower age limit, and a variety of early onset degenerative conditions are within the admission criteria.
Services at Cygnet Hospital Taunton
- Starling – Locked admissions for older men with functional mental health issues and challenging behaviour.
- Mulberry – Locked admissions for older men with organic mental health issues and challenging behaviour.
- Swift – specifically for older women with mental health issues.
- Willow – for older men with longer term mental health issues and complex needs.
- Nightingale – Pre-discharge flatlet for older men.