The hospital, set in extensive grounds, is an ideal setting to promote care, understanding and for maximising a person’s rehabilitation potential. A safe, calm and hopeful environment, Cygnet Hospital Taunton believes in finding a person’s capabilities and helping them achieve what is possible. We can support up to 46 people.
“I strongly believe Dad is receiving the best care possible for him. We receive thorough feedback and the staff at our six monthly meetings are well informed.”Family member
We offer three distinct elements of intervention – assessment, treatment and transition.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton can provide support and rehabilitation for individuals with, amongst others:
- Bipolar Disorder
We can also support individuals with long-term health needs including:
- Urological Problems
Service users at Cygnet Hospital Taunton can be supported with PEG feeding and pain management. There is no lower age limit, and a variety of early onset degenerative conditions are within the admission criteria.
The ethos of all of Cygnet Hospital Taunton is to not look at the diagnosis in isolation, but to look at a person’s presentation and how the hospital’s care team can help them. This is a safe environment which provides controlled access.
We can respond to both planned and urgent admissions from all over the UK. The hospital is split into five wards, which provide a specialist care pathway.All wards at Cygnet Hospital Taunton are single-sex environments, providing safe and supportive spaces for individuals to experience the maximum possible benefit for them.
Services at Cygnet Hospital Taunton
- Starling – Locked admissions for older men with functional mental health issues and challenging behaviour.
- Swift – Locked admissions for older men with organic mental health issues and challenging behaviour.
- Willow – Unit specifically for older women with mental health issues.
- Mulberry – Unit for older men with longer term mental health issues and complex needs.
- Nightingale – Pre-discharge flatlet for older men.