Cygnet Hospital Stevenage provides a comprehensive psychological assessment and therapy programme across its four secure wards. Our psychologists are trained in a variety of psychological assessments and therapeutic models, allowing them to offer a personalised package of assessment and therapies to service users.
We offer specialist diagnostic assessments for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ADOS) and Personality Disorders (IPDE and PCL-R). The therapies offered include Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Substance Misuse Programme, Fire Setting Intervention Programme for Mentally Disordered Offenders (FIP-MO) and Sex Offender Treatment Programme for Mentally disordered Offenders (SOTP-MO). The psychology team offers a range of individual therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural and Cognitive Analytical Therapy, Schema focused and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Care is provided within a medium secure perimeter. Inside the hospital, everyone has an individual en-suite bedroom and there is outdoor space available for all. There are also a range of additional facilities including a vocational cafe, large indoor gym hall, multi-gym, outdoors football pitch and garden area.
The aim at Stevenage is to help people learn how to manage their mental health and reinforce their daily living skills, helping to prepare for independent life.
Services at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage
- Pattison Ward – Women’s Medium Secure – 14 beds
- Tiffany Ward – Women’s Low Secure Mental Health – 15 beds
- Orchid Ward – Women’s Acute Inpatient (Detained patients only) – 14 beds
- Peplau Ward – Men’s Medium Secure – 14 beds
- Saunders Ward – Men’s Low Secure Mental Health – 15 beds
- Chamberlain Ward – Men’s Acute Inpatient (Detained patients only) – 14 beds