“At discharge, our teaching and clinical staff will provide community teams with the necessary information and advice to ensure an effective transition is made to the next stage of recovery.
“We have created a safe environment where students are encouraged to take risks and challenge preconceptions so they can move forwards and live full, rewarding lives.” Ed Hall – Head of Education
The below academic sessions sit within the blocks marked ‘education’ on the example timetable:
- KS3/4: 4 x Maths, 4 x English, 3 x Science, 1 x Digital Making, 1 x Citizenship/PSHE, 1 x Humanities, 1 x Art, 1 x Fitness.
- KS5: 14 x personalised sessions, 1 x Citizenship/PSE, 1 x Fitness.
“Phoenix school has helped me build a future for myself after being in hospital, and let me see past the problems I was facing.”Student
The Phoenix School includes the following teaching and non-teaching staff:
- Edward Hall – Head of Education, Interim Head Teacher
- Jonathan Marshall – Teacher and Exams Officer
- Amy White – Teacher, Designated Safeguarding Lead and Designated Teacher for LAC
- Rebecca Price – Teaching Assistant and School Manager
- Read Johnson – Education Officer
- Jenny Hunter – National SEN Case Co-ordinator
“I’ve been to four hospitals and education is definitely the best here.”Student
Edward Hall, Tel: 0114 279 3328
Address: Cygnet Hospital Sheffield, 83 East Bank Road, Sheffield, S2 3PX
“Thank you so much for the support you have given my daughter. She was really struggling at college before her admission, and now she has a smile back on her face.”Parent