The hospital has more than 16 acres of landscaped grounds and overlooks the Bristol Channel. This beachside location, just outside Weston-super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment which can offer service users a broad range of therapies including CAT, CBT, Schema Therapy, EMDR & DBT.
The hospital provides 58 inpatient beds within a low secure setting, including a male PICU within the same secure perimeter. All bedrooms are single, with en-suite bathrooms, and each of the four wards has its own garden or terrace. There is a fully equipped gym and activities suite.
On the same site at the hospital is Cygnet Lodge Kewstoke, an intensive community rehabilitation service for women, which provides care for informal individuals as well as those who may be formally detained. The Lodge is separate from the main low secure service, and provides the next step in the care pathway from the low secure wards, or a step up from community placements which may have broken down.
Our aim is to help each service user recover and integrate back into the community, as quickly as possible.
Services at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke
- Nash Ward – Male Psychiatric Intensive Care, accepting emergency crisis admissions.
- Sandford Ward – Male Acute Inpatient Service, accepting emergency admissions.
- Milton Ward – Female Low Secure Service, supported by DBT, CAT and CBT interventions with an additional drug and alcohol service.
- Knightstone Ward – Female Specialist Personality Disorder Service, supported by DBT and other therapy models to empower service users to make positive changes.
- Cygnet Lodge Kewstoke – Female Mental Health Rehabilitation.