We are always working to improve the quality of treatment and service our patients receive. Our aim is to keep our standards high and always put the person at the centre of care. To do this we focus on the following:
- Experienced specialists - always an appropriately qualified consultant doctor available.
- A comprehensive daily therapy or activity programme - created by staff with specialised qualifications, and who are registered with the appropriate professional bodies.
- High standards of staffing - a continuous programme of learning and development for all employees, with a generous budget for evidence-based training and regular staff appraisals. Also, a high staff to client ratio to allow individual care.
- User involvement - we encourage users' involvement in the day to day running of each unit, and ensure high standards of accommodation, catering, therapy and activities.
- Regular monitoring and audits - we monitor policies and procedures regularly to align them with professional guidelines and proven good practice. We also arrange independent audits of our clinical care and management systems and make the reports available to all relevant bodies.
- National standards - we are committed to maintaining national good practice standards. We are members of quality review forums such as QNIC and The Quality Network, and are monitored by an independent regulator (CQC).